 Technic / Bionicle / 39
Re: A couple of questions regarding the Bionicles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 06:32:22 GMT

This guy's site
http://www.brickmaster.de/lego/bioproducts.htm
has pictures of the "gestalts" that can be made, and whatever posters those
came from also have pictures of all the pieces in the sets.  It does appear
that all the faces are the same.  However, I think there's a separate piece
that fits into the heads to make the eyes, and they are different colors
between sets.
Speaking of the pieces, Bionicle adds some nice variations on the
Throwbot/Slizer limb piece, and the new feet are pretty slick too.  Just think
of how often the Slizer feet and Roborider heads showed up in other Technic
sets, no doubt we'll be seeing more of these too.  The weapons are much more
stand-alone though, unlike the Slizer and Roborider weapons which were mostly
reuses of minifig scale tools (rendering Amazon's sword more like a dagger, but
the rest worked fairly well).
And hey, gears that make "ninja-chop" style arm or leg action.  Much better
than the "rotate the head and fold the rest up for a crappy vehicle type thing"
of Slizer.

Ray Kremer
http://throwbots.virtualave.net/

1. I hear that there is a head piece with an eye piece beneath the masks on
the Bionicles. Is this true? And if so, would somebody be willing to post
pictures of what they look like? Are the faces different?