 Technic / Bionicle / 376
Re: New bionicle sets.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:24:17 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Johannes Keukelaar writes:

In one of the bionicles that I bought (for the new-style gears only),
I found a year 2001 bionicle minicatalog. Here's the relevant scan
(400kb):

http://www.nada.kth.se/~johannes/m2001.jpg

Thanks a lot for that image, Johannes. I hope you don't mind that I did put
a copy on my Bionicle site as some people may find it there too.
(www.brickmaster.de/images)

It's a really good overview about the entire theme, only the Tohunga are
missing, but we all already know they'll be promos. I haven't seen the watch
before, as well as these screenshots (similar ones though).

there are pictures of five new sets:

8537 Nui-Ramu

As a true fan I instantly noticed the misspelling of that one. Bionicle.com
and many other places say this set will be called "Nui-Rama" not "Ramu". Oh
well, it's not that important.

Overall they seem to be an improvement for the bionicle
range. Especially 8538 and 8539 seem interesting. 8539 seems to be
based around some sort of box that looks suspiciously much like a
playstation control. Does anybody have any idea what these boxes might
be?

It's certainly some kind of Remote-Control. The only official word we have
seen so far is:
[taken from: http://www.lego.com/eng/bionicle/PressMain.asp?Press=2]

What other products are you planning to market to join the Toa and the Turaga?
Martin: "Later this year we're launching five very mean – and unlucky –
beasts. They have been cursed by Makuta. And there are persistent rumours
that the people in our secret facility have develop a three-channel
radio-control unit."

Whatever that means, at least it didn't work at the Toy Fair yet which was
in february.

Bye, Christian --- xTIAN.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de