 Technic / Bionicle / 303
Re: Turaga available at shop.lego.com NOW ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:04:19 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Michael Edwards writes:

Na, got them at Buy 1 and get 1 free :-)

Congrats! Mine arrived this morning too. I paid DM7 each (same as Brickhead)
but the UPS shipping has been free for me (I backordered them in January).

Works out about 3DM each :-)))
:-)))

One thing i notice on Vakama, is the feet is the Grey Head piece found in
8530 is coloured red, same for his head (under mask) - are all the others
like this, (i yet to open the other 5 yet as i am working)

Yes, each Turaga includes three Head elements in a unique colour (the same
colour as the feet of their TOA).

My Vakama is headless at the moment!!

They're all soooo cooool! They're moxe movable then I thought and come with
more elements than expected. Their tools are excellent pieces too, although
I wonder why Nokamas blue one does not come with small holes in it as shown
on photos (same for Nujus white tool). Also, I don't think it's a good idea
to name Mataus green tool "Kau-kau", that might add even more confusion to
the Kaukautrouble we already have.

Also, I expected that all the Turaga would look about the same, but they
don't! They're actually different in size and posture, each one reflects his
unique character in some way.

Also, I'm sure you noticed the "big Turaga" that is shown on the bag of each
box. You seem to be able to build that one by combining all seix Turagas. I
haven't found the instructions though, maybe it'll be a web-exclusive story
again.

Vakama is certainly my favourite one right now, followed by Nuju and Whenua.
The posters are great too, although I'd rather have seen a poster with only
the Turaga on it, since there is no real set image on the building
instructions. Speeking of the instructions, I wasn't surprised but pleased
to see the "3D renderred" images used for each step (as for the Toa too).
I'm excited if that'll work for the Makuta also...

The only thing that annoys me is that one can't seperate the
head-eye-combinations any more. Maybe for a mock, I'd like to attach blue
eyes to a blue head ones, I'd never be able to build the two original sets
after having done so. Anyone disconnected these elements successfully??

Oh; to Michael: none of my Axels was broken, but I do have around 200 extra
"3-Axel"s of the masks bags, so you do have one extra too, I guess.

And now, on to the Tohunga !

Bye, Christian --- xTIAN.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de