 Technic / Bionicle / 2315
Re: Dark green in 8611
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:02:53 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Christian Treczoks wrote:
I wouldn't really be surprized if this is a new, more vivid green that
was approved by unnamed Lego test groups, and will immediately replace
the old green.

No, this is clearly a different green.  Think "forest green".  It's a color that
I know Jason Spears has expressed a desire for (and probably a lot of other
Castle builders, and I'd bet it'd be popular with Town/Train and Military
builders as well).  Currently, however, it seems to be limited to just BIONICLE
and minifigs.

There's also a new hideous shade of brown (and by hideous, I mean it looks
"unhealthy") that you can get in sets 8610, 8604, and 8617; and what appears to
be a fourth shade of transparent blue (where trans-dark blue is a close match to
dark-blue, this trans-blue looks much closer to basic blue) used for Toa
Nokama's mask (and possibly for the wrap-around eye-piece on 8619?).  It's a
hard call on the trans-blue, since they look so different when front-lit (Gali's
mask is glossy and dark, with edges that appear blackish, while Nokama's mask is
frosted and lighter, with edges that appear the same shade as the rest of the
mask), but they don't look so different when backlit (oddly enough, Nokama's
mask appears maybe one shade darker than Gali's when lit from behind).  It's
either a completely new (but very similar) color, an unannounced reformulation
of the trans-dark blue color, or simply a matter of differences in light
refraction due to the frosted/glossy surfaces.