 Technic / Bionicle / 1953
Re: Bionicle comic #4, The Bohrok Awake! (Some questions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 18:42:04 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Bradley Dale writes:
1.  The Gold Kanohi- How did the Toa get them?  According to Bionicle # 3, gold
masks combine the energies of all 6 masks.  But the Toa didn't have all of the
regular masks before Bionicle #4- Tahu has no mask of levitation, for
example. Were the gold masks somehow a reward for their victory?

In the online game, they all had their gold masks by the time they got to
Kini Nui. I don't think every detail of the plots are going to be shown. And
even those that are shown are full of inconsistencies. The non-toy materials
are more like "possibilities of Mata Nui" than "hardfast truth of Mata Nui."

2.  The Gold Kanohi, again.  All of the Toa are shown wearing a golden version
of the mask that is included in their set.  Why?  Is this the only gold mask
that they are capable of wearing?

It would be confusing if they were wearing the same masks! But I see no
reason why they couldn't change it for variety's sake.

3.  Makuta.  He wasn't eliminated in #3, and it was hinted that he would attack
again.  Yet there's no mention of Makuta in #4, and no Rahi anywhere.  What
happened?

That's a mystery all right. Makuta is, after all, a principal deity. I think
he can do just about whatever he pleases whenever he pleases.

4. Tohunga. Who is that little guy that tells Tahu about the Bohrok, and where
can I buy one?  It looks like he has a dark red mask, which would be really
cool if it exists.

It would be but it doesn't. The artists have a fair amount of leeway in
coloring (and just about everything else). My impression is that the Tohunga
is still in the shadow of the brush and so appears darker. I think he's
serving the purpose of an unnamed extra. If it were a movie he might be
credited as "Matoran with Red Pakari #4". As presented, he reminds me of the
Red Shirts from Star Trek.

5. Krana.  The Bohrok can't be parted from their Krana, so where did they get
the extra <spoiler snipped>?

I think that's the job of the Va. They tote Krana around in their backpacks.
And I think the Krana would come up with a way to swap around Bohrok. But
that is also a mystery.