 Technic / Bionicle / 1615
Re: [Online Game][Mac] Problems giving things to characters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 05:11:59 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Erik L. Knopp writes:
[3rd try at posting this (this time via web interface), I never received
authentication emails for the first two attempts (via newsreader.)]

Is anyone else, especially those using a Mac, having problems giving things
to the various characters (Koli ball to Onewa, note to astrologer, chisel to
Nokama, etc.)?

<snip>

Yep! This is a known problem, especially on Macintosh. No one is really sure
what's up.

Tomas Clark and the programming team for LEGO DID make great strides
clearing some of the previous bugs, but the last we heard from any of that
team, Mac fixes for all bugs were coming, but I've yet to see them implemented.

The unique use of cookies to track your progress has led to most of the
problems I have encountered. Unfortunately, the problems are so ingrained at
this point, that all of the work-arounds and fixes you speak of, and many
others, still get you to the "giving bug".

I get the distinct feeling that Tomas and his team had to give up on the bug
squashing to get on with the remainder of the game, and other projects. As
frustrating as this is, I certainl can't fault them for this...they have to
get on with their jobs, even if a certain demographic IS stuck unable to
complete the game. This is the price paid for using cutting edge techniques,
I guess.

Do look back here in .bionicle, as we've been discussing this since the very
beginning...there is lots of advice to be had (though you have already done
many of the fixes).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Matt