 Technic / Bionicle / 1614
1613  |  1615
Subject:
[Online Game][Mac] Problems giving things to characters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:49:47 GMT

[3rd try at posting this (this time via web interface), I never received
authentication emails for the first two attempts (via newsreader.)]

Is anyone else, especially those using a Mac, having problems giving things
to the various characters (Koli ball to Onewa, note to astrologer, chisel to
Nokama, etc.)?

After I give the item to a character, I am presented with a blank dialogue
area. Watching the status area of my browser, it appears to be caught in a
loop downloading certain files (loads and reloads them) and never loads the
file(s) for the response from the character.

I have had the same experience using three different browsers: MS Internet
Explorer 5.0, Netscape Communicator 4.78 and iCab 2.6. (Of the three,
Netscape has worked the best, but is the slowest.) I have downloaded &
installed the latest Flash Player from the Macromedia site. All of this is
on a B&W G3 350 with 320 MB RAM running MacOS 9.0.4. (I got around a couple
of the areas running the Windows version of IE under Virtual PC, but that is
really slow and would prefer not to.)

Also, now that I've gone through Ko-Koro once, I am unable to complete it
again. It exhibits the behavior I described above, except this time it
appears to never reach the end of whatever it's trying to download. (With
MSIE, this causes it to run out of memory and quit, no matter what the
memory is set to.)

Anyone have an idea as to what is happening?

Erik
--
Erik L. Knopp
LUGNET member #61