 Technic / Bionicle / 104
Re: DC Comics to make Bionicle books.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.books
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:51:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Eric Joslin writes:
...as part of the marketing push, Lego has solicited DC to create a
three-issue comic book series for them, which according to a spokesperson
for the publisher, will not be sold by them, but will be custom created
for use by Lego as a promotional tool.

That's impressive.  These will almost certainly be better-drawn than
previously LEGO comic books like Jim Spaceborn and the Pirates one (the
latter not being poorly drawn or anything, but a little too "Dinesyified"
for my tastes :-)...

Wellllll, when Marvel and DC do things like this, they tend to whip out the 2nd
string artists and writers, so we'll see how much the art improves. :D

I wonder if there'll be more past the first 3 if they're well received?

Perhaps.  I got really excited at first, because I thought it was going to be a
direct market limited series type thing, but apparently it's just going to be
something LEGO hands out as they see fit.  A shame... some of the more beloved
toy lines from my childhood (Transformers, G.I. Joe) were backed by strong
comic book series.  It made people much more involved with the characters, and
gave them a longevity beyond just being cool toys.

Hey, isn't Craigo a DC artist?  I thought he did an issue or two of Starman.
Maybe he should try to get the gig for these books!  :D

eric