 Technic / Bionicle / 1035
Re: Strategies to acquire McDonald's Tohunga?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 05:08:54 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Kyle Beatty writes:
Has anyone developed or know strategies for separating the consumers of
McDonald's Happy Meals from the toy?
What are the rules at McDonald's about the toys in Happy Meals? Wasn't there
some fracas associated with Beanie Babies?

Kyle,

AFAIK, the moritorium on buying the toy seperate of the Happy Meal was ONLY
for the Beanie Baby premiums. I have never...EVER...not been allowed to buy
the toy seperately.

Here's the weird thing though...When I ask for JUST the toy, they charge me
in the neighborhood of $1.30...now the lowest priced Happy Meal is
$1.99...so there is only, what, about 70¢ worth of food in a hamburger Happy
Meal?

Matt