 Technic / Bionicle / 1009
Re: My friend went to Pohatu, and all I got...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:37:19 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Lekkim Rednuf writes:
Hello all,
"My friend went to Pohatu, and all I got was this lousy rock!" Anyone else
catch that one? The humour in this game really is excellent.

You might want to take that Maori refresher course, the script actually says...

"...went to Po-WAHI, and..."

Po-Wahi = Land of Po(hatu)
Po-Koro = Town of Po(hatu)

For those that haven't seen it, the rock we're discussing is after you've
taken (or about to take) the boat from Ga-Koro to Po-Wahi. There is a trader
at the pier selling Bioincles (Gali) Rahi (Tarakava) and T-shirts.

BTW, if anyone has a clue as to how to take and carry the gold mask in the
online game, I'd much appreciate help (offline, perhaps). The words above it
say RAHI, but how that is supposed to be a help I don't know. And what is it
with that jumping fish anyway?

The words and mask are the first (or final?) clue in the "Hunt for the Gold
Mask" competetion. It's only open to perculiar groups of people, so you'll
need to check the webpage for more info. Basicly, every time you see a gold
mask with bionicle writing next to it, jot down the words. Other than that,
the gold mask makes no difference in the game at all (so far, that may
change). The whole "The old machines down there have lots of protodermis
[greek:new-skin]" comment by the chief-miner is rather odd, so much for any
scientific documentation or historical preservation.

And the jumping fish? shows it's fresh of course.

Happy to serve you. Makuta, Eater of Slayers.

P.S. For a new whoopsie, go to the entrance of the tunnel that runs
Po-Wahi-Onu-Koro (the tunnel with the crabs). You can walk the tunnel, walk
in, go some, turn around and head back, just before you leave, on the lintel
above the exit, someone forgot to put the location into Bio-runes, it's
still in plain text English. (least it was when I posted this).

The masks they presented...were they in Solid Bronze or just bronze chrome?
Im very curious to know!