 Technic / 9715
Re: 8 wheel drive but no steer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 18:05:12 GMT

TJ Avery's utterance expressed in news:HCGn6E.xEM@lugnet.com:

Could you incorporate some sort of articulation? You could completely
redesign the frame with a rotation joint in the middle.

maybe.. I hadn't thought of that - just like big backhoes or
dumpers - only problem is to transfer the drive between the
two parts  - but that can surely be done  :)

Or, getting back to your lifting idea, perhaps you could make the
front and rear axles lift off the ground, and then skid-steer the
middle two axles. That would require the use of extra motors, and
you'd have to redesign your gear train.

my initial idea, but the lifting mechanism should detach itself,
when not used, so that the vehicle can "follow" the surface.

Leg godt i weekenden!

--
| lars gjerløw jørgensen | lgj[at]jyde[dot]dk  |
| N55 43.184  E12 32.405 | www.lgj.dk | oz2lgj |