 Technic / 9562
9561  |  9563
Subject:
propellers for hoovercraft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 20:14:56 GMT

Hello again,

I'm been working a lot lately so I have not had the chance to play so much
with LEGO. But I've got one step further with my hoovercraft project. Have
built a fourth version of the body. Pictures will come later.

But I've also played around with pixel's (paul kleniewski) idea for an
fan/propeller for the hoovercraft.
Pixels orginal idea can be found at:

My variation on his designs looks like this, made it a bit lighter and fewer
bricks:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Hoovercraft/pixel-fan1.jpg  (4
blades)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Hoovercraft/pixel-fan2.jpg  (8
blades)

This is my own propeller design:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Hoovercraft/propell.jpg

after moderation:

Now I'm looking forward to spend some more time on the new body for the
hoovercraft, I have lift but somehow I got less lift when I put the fan
further up in the wind tunnel with my propeller. I've got best result if the
fan is just at the lower end at the tunnel.
Have to find a better form on the skirt on the hoovercraft.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix