 Technic / 9398
  City Crane

Another minifig scale crane using parts from the new "bridge parts" accessory pack. (URL) (awaiting "bridge parts" in red & white 8?) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: City Crane

(...) asking here quite a while back about the traveling block and how it functioned. The 2-part/4-part arrangement is quite clever. I also liked how you have the traveling block winches linked with a clutch. Now, how about a little pre-compression (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: City Crane

(...) functioned. (...) Well that actually came about because the string I was using stretched so much and I kept having to adjust it 8?) (...) Yeah, I know so am I 8?) but I figured these cranes arent designed to lift much anyway 8?P. There main (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: City Crane

(...) the turntable also geared and can it be disconnected so the crane are free to rotate in the wind? And where's the trailer, truck n' all? :) /Tobbe (21 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: City Crane

(...) Or is the correct term jibs? The horisontal parts high up any how. Oh, and the trolley needs a little clarification... Perhaps there is a Brickshelf gallery, I'll go look now... /Tobbe (21 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: City Crane

(...) Thanks! (...) The boom is made from the horizontal bridge parts connected upside down. this makes a very rigid and reasonably light boom, and as LEGO made the fortuitous decision to include slots down the side, which mate with these (URL) it (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)