 Technic / 9297
  Fiber Optics

I wonder if anyone could help explain to me how the Lego fiber optics work? And what you need to make them work. I do remember them from maybe 1995, but I bought a supercar and some other stuff, and just forgot about them until they were (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fiber Optics

(...) I'm in no way a master of these units but here goes. (URL) at the picture found on the above URL; the top 2 x 2 stud area is the cable connection point. A standard 9V cable goes there and feeds current into the light inside. This is probably a (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fiber Optics

(...) I used the fiber optics on a V8 for my 8448. I ran the fiber optics off the crankshaft so the lites would rotate with the engine. Heres's the Gallery link; (URL) There is also a Mpeg of the motor running in that folder. The mpeg picture (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fiber Optics

(...) I have one from the 8480 Space Shuttle. I've taken it apart (it comes apart with just a little effort and no damage), hoping that I could swap out the red LED for a white one. Didn't take any pictures, though. And swapping out the LED is not a (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fiber Optics

(...) I suppose it's the same kind as found in modern cell phones, true they are small and soldered but as long as the new one is put in the right way there should not be a big problem (if the new LED is of the same type of course). Best regards, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)