 Technic / 927
Re: 8851 Mint in Box!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:57:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Harrison writes:
Hi technic lovers,

I couldn't believe it when I found this in a shop yesterday. This
excavtor is one of my favourite technic sets. I bought a collection a
few years ago just to get this model and now I find a brand new one.

The delemma is which do I keep? If I hang onto the new one too long I'll
find it hard to part with it. The used one has been built once and never
taken apart but has no box.

Well Mark, it depends on what kind of collector you are... Take this as an
example:

I had a used 8880, no box.  It was such a cool model, that I sold that one,
and bought a MISB one instead.

I also had a used 4558 Metroliner, no box, until I recently bought another one
with a box.  I'll sell the other one (without the box) eventually.

I must admit, this is NOT a cheap way of obtaining a particular set with a box.

If I were in your shoes, I'd sell the used one, and keep the brand new one to
myself.  :)