 Technic / 9244
Re: Liebherr 954 tracked excavator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:28:42 GMT

I recently built a R904 wheeled excavator. Yes, it's a small one if you put
it net to the R974 or Evert's R954. The reason it built that one is because
I wanted a small machine to load it on the drawbar trailer behind the 6x6 man.

http://www.1000steine.de/iscc/iscc2/entries/078/index.pl?search=1

I haven't put any pictures on my website yet. Actually I'm not satisfied
with the technical stuff in the model. The look is fine, I will not change that.

Allthought it's a small machine, it weights a lot. The drawbar trailer is
strong enough to carry it! I've put some block underneath it.

Dennis

In lugnet.modelteam, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
In lugnet.modelteam, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.modelteam, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
In lugnet.modelteam, Dennis Bosman writes:
Recently I visited Evert van Wichen’s site and there I saw his latest
creation: a Liebherr R954B tracked excavator:
http://www.vanwichen.com/lego/en/ce03.html

Very nice, I especially like how he did the bucket. The aluminium "hydralics"
is a cool feature too, is that how you make yours Dennis?

Yes, very nice. The bucket is awesome.

You know, besides seeing a lot of crane MOCs, we also see a lot of Liebherr
excavators ;-)

I have a Liebherr 954 in my pipeline :) But no specific crane as of yet. I also
have a Volvo Excavator, perhaps I should start with that one when I get around
to making an excavator. It seems my pipeline is growing and growing and...

Well, to be honest it's more of a pool of ideas then a pipeline, perhaps I
should convert it into a pipeline and "force" myself to start and finish them
in a given row?

My dream is to be able to start on several projects and build them in
parallell, I think that's the only way for me to actually finish with my best
efforts. I lack both the parts and the space for that, however I'm sure that
will get solved with time...

/Tobbe