 Technic / 9215
  helicopter not done

hi during weekend i've been testing many applications of propellers and the sad info is i haven't been done helicopter but here is some observations # it is (IMO) almost absolutely imposible to do chopper with propeller done with lego and witout the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: helicopter not done

I seriously think you can't use LEGO parts to make a propeller. It needs an airofoile shape, like an airplane wing. It needs to be thick towards one edge and thinn down on both sides. You can only get so efficient with just a plate. Is the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: helicopter not done

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HA3MFJ.406@lugnet.com... (...) an (...) edge (...) it is true but you know toys sometimes don't have real propellers and work fine (...) it seems to be profiled (shaped) but is it really (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: helicopter not done

(...) That I did not know (and quite franqly find hard to believe). (...) Yes, the RPM is also important for maximum efficiency... /Tobbe (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)