 Technic / 9146
  Re: flying helicopter? (was: orrery update)

(...) The shafts of the rotors are angled outwards. Look at the pictures on the general layout page. There's one of the machine looking from the front- you'll notice the shafts are angled. TJ (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: flying helicopter? (was: orrery update)

(...) Ohh, thanks! Now I see it. I didn't notice the rotors themselves were tilted, I just thought that was the style of the covering around the shaft. I think now I've caught the bug -- I wanna build a Technic helicopter too! But alas, I don't have (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: flying helicopter? (was: orrery update)

(...) I am working on a couter rotating design using axels and a non lego covering as rotor blades. I don't think it's cheating if the "works" are solidly lego based. Paul (21 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)