 Technic / 9146
Re: flying helicopter? (was: orrery update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:59:10 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.technic, Luis Hernández writes:
http://british.nerp.net/lego/av8/chopper/index.html
Hi Luis -
Checked out that page, and the experimental helicopter you have shown seems
like an impossible setup. How do the two rotors, the way they are mounted,
keep from chopping each other's drive shaft to bits? Even if they're at
different levels, one would slice the other's shaft... I'm puzzled.

The shafts of the rotors are angled outwards. Look at the pictures on the
general layout page. There's one of the machine looking from the front-
you'll notice the shafts are angled.

TJ