 Technic / 8968
Re: New MOC: Helicopter Dauphin AS 365
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:13:22 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Marc Schickele writes:
Hi,
Here you can see my first great MOC. (Project Black Panther)

The Helicopter at scale 1/10 is a Dauphin AS 365 with fantail rotor. The
principal rotor is fully fonctional. I modify the Leo's blade tilting
principe, the updown movement is done with a pneumatic cylinder and a lever,
that push an axle through a "gear 24 tooth crown" (with a little drip of oil,
sorry). Thanks the weight of the rotor the system can move updown. The power
came from two motors towards to axle through the "gear 24 tooth crown". This
system is more compact.

This is a promising project and you might even push Rosco down from my mental
TechnicHeliConstructor #1 :)

He can fold the blade for storage like the real. The fantail rotor is
composed with 10 blades, all blades can change the pitch and turn at same
time. The fantail rotor is mounted on a turntable, the power came through the
axle, and the same axle move in translation two disk that change the pitch of
the blades. I have a video from the prototyp on
http://marc.schickele.free.fr/Fenestron.htm .

I found out how to make the photos bigger (right click, select view image) but
I could not beat the broken link for the 1.4MB gif, any chance you can fix that?

This model is under construction and I plan to finish them in March.

I hope you do! This, as I said, looks very promising! Good work!

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)