 Technic / 8922
  Motorized control of the 5120 polarity switch

Hi all, I'm trying to control a polarity switch with a motor controlled by an RCX. The position of the switch is monitored by a rotational sensor. The problem I am having is how far the switch moves on return to the middle 'off' position, it tends (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motorized control of the 5120 polarity switch

(...) I belive there should be a fair amount of info on this if you search the robotics group. It has been used to multiplex the out ports of the RCX so that one motor can drive up to four (IIRC) swicthes. Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motorized control of the 5120 polarity switch

(...) I beleived that too Tobbe - I expected lots of information on how to control a polarity switch like there is to control a pneumatic switch. I spent several hours seaching .robotics, .technic, and even the web and found nothing - only switches (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motorized control of the 5120 polarity switch

(...) I'm a little occupied at the moment but here's a an interesting lead: (URL)If you do know anyone else who as worked on and has posted information (...) Myself I've only connected them at a 45-degree phase using z16 gears and then used a (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motorized control of the 5120 polarity switch

(...) Take a look at (URL). I controlled it with something similar to Robert Munafo's design (URL). Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (21 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)