 Technic / 8918
Re: MOC: Flipper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 06:50:57 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Hi, again :)

I'm on fire with the page updates today.

A small creation that I found "fun":
http://www.lotek.nu/creations/flipper/

That's neat. All powered by a micromotor :-)

The next step is to make one that changes direction when it flips over. The
neat mechanism in 8457 and the pull of gravity will solve that for me (I hope).
Of course it has to be bigger and use at least two standard 9V motors.

Did you have any trouble with the bevel gears slipping?

In fact non at all. The weight of the thing is ultra light (except for the 9V
battery) and the axle sleeves hold them in place. When used as a power puller
the wheels start sliping and I added two train weights but it was still
slipping. The train weights destroyed the power/weight thing it was design for
so it was left on my desk for six months or so. The only malfunction I had was
when the micromotor started to bend loose and the 8 tooth gear lost contact
with the 24 tooth. I had to push the micro motor down a little now and then. I
did leave the thing bashing it's wall while cooking and I had to go turn it off
because the thump-thump noises we're annoying me (after 30 min or so, maybee
ten flipps).

/Tobbe