 Technic / 8917
Re: MOC: RCKillough Mk III
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 06:43:37 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Hellu!

Another RCKillough I made to a Swedish LEGO fest, this is the third Killough
I've built. Someday I'll have to make a fourth version with some real
function :)

http://www.lotek.nu/creations/rckilloughmkiii/

Cool. What sort of R/C equipment are you using?

It's a five channel Sanwa in the 27 MHz band. Here in Sweden that's an open
band and all radio controlled toy cars etc. use 27 MHz (but some go really
crazy if I switch on my transmitter *evil grin*). My father gave it to me when
regulations prohibited 27 MHz for model airplanes (they use 53 if my memory
serves me).

I'm going to do a tips & tricks page someday featuring, among other things, how
to use these things with LEGO.

Yep, kids... Now if it had a flame thrower, that might entertain your nephew!

Now that you mention it... I've been planning on two dangerous things, one is a
flame thrower (see this thread from 2000-11-01
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=2823 especially look at the title of the
image referd to on BrickShelf). The other is fitting a paintball gun onto a
Technic platform.

The flame thrower project is nothing but a brainchild at the moment and might
not be anything more either. I have to come up with a safe way to do it so my
precious bricks won't get harmed (or at least reduce the risk). This would of
course need some non-LEGO elements such as the noozle, tank and hoses. My idea
is to have two tanks, one for petrol (or whatever is safest) and one with
water. Then when I need to kill the flame I'll start pumping water into the
nozzle before I stop pumping petrol. I believe that is safer then to just shut
off the petrol pump. Another idea is to use a spray can like hairspray, those
are pretty "safe" for short bursts, I mean I don't hestitate to hold such a
thing in my hand :) When I was (was?) a kid I made a flame thrower with an old
bicycle pump, I stuck it into a petrol tank and filled it, then set the tip on
fire and made a pumpstroke to burst it all out. I'm glad I still have ten
fingers and a life... Yikes! Anyway, the spray can method is safer but as such
not as fun :)

The paintball gun got pretty long in the mind planning state then my co-worker
sold all his Paintball stuff so I need to find another "supplier", that wont be
a problem since another friend of mine rents out his 10-15 kits and hosts games
for a living :) In fact the Lynx Mk II were going to be fitted with that, among
other things. But the platform did not work very well so I scrapped the whole
project at the time.

Then the question comes, where do I host these projects once they get done to
avoid beeing killed in /.? For sure my own LoTeK page wont take the load... I
might as well plan for it :)

/Tobbe