 Technic / 8575
8574  |  8576
Subject:
Lego 8854 set inventory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 23:16:30 GMT

I recently won a Technic 8854 Power Crane set off ebay and recieved it
today. The original polybags were almost all still sealed, but the box was
in very poor condition and one of the polybags was opened, so the parts had
spilled out of it; a few of these were lying in the box and the rest were
missing. (the box was literally falling apart so they must have dropped out
over the years) There was no manual included either, but I have another copy
of the set for that and at $35 for "almost misb" it was too good a deal to
pass up. :D I already have the other copy built so I will probably just use
this for parts, but I was wondering if there was a set inventory of this
item somewhere on the internet so that I could find out what exactly is missing.

By the way, I noticed a few things different with this copy of the set than
the other one I have. It was from 1992 (the included catalog shows an
Airtech Claw Rig on the cover), and so did not include the all-yellow
pneumatic pistons that the first 1989 version had. It fortunately included
the new 1990 friction pegs instead of the older ones (the type that are
extremely tough to remove). As I said, it did not include a manual, but I am
pretty sure that the manual would have had motorizing instructions for 8720
instead of 8710; the other 1988 and 1989 sets all seem to have went through
this instruction manual revision. What really surprised me though was that
not only was the pneumatic tubing of the newer, 1992 flexible type, but it
actually included a clear, translucent tube instead of the gray one; I
thought only that this style had come out only very recently, but I guess I
was wrong...

-Gaurav