 Technic / 828
827  |  829
Subject:
Which is the "best" Technic model?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 11:20:04 GMT

There is always a lot of talk relating to the the 8880, and each of its
incarnations (8865 etc.). I've had all of these at some point {1 & 2},
and I'm afraid I don't rate them all that highly - I did not enjoy
building my 8865. Until recently, 8862 was what I considered to be the
"best" Technic model. Although sets like the 8460 came close and the
8479 does look pretty good - I've yet to build the alternate models for
this one. However, yesterday I started my 8868. What a joy it is! I'm
only about 50% through the construction right now, but already it is
pretty damn impressive. Without a doubt, IMOP, this is the best Technic
Model there is. The chassis is a wonder, the motor driven pneumatics is
inspirational and the drive to both rear axles is a marvel. The only
problem so far is all the friction in the drive system... but life is a
compromise! Will Lego ever make a set as good as this again?

Scott A

{1} I have yet to built my 8448.
{2} At one point I had over 20 8880's at home.