 Technic / 8232
Re: 8460/8431 Changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 18:12:39 GMT

I was just looking at the original instructions for the 8460 on Brickshelf.
I think what we are seeing in the picture is actually the 1x6 beam that
holds the control cab onto the side of the turntable.  The original has a
1x4 and 1x6 grey beam at the bottom of the cab that is attached to the side
of the turntable with friction pins.  those pins would match up to the pins
shown on the Lego site picture.

Take a look at this link:
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8460/8460-050.html

You will see how the cab assembly goes together.  Now that I have really
looked at the old version, it looks like they are probably the same.

Greg

"David Arnon" <arnon@NOSPAMsilicon-value.com> wrote in message
Can you scan the catalog pics?

Looking at the pics at lego.com, in the picture of the main model you • can't
really see, but in the picture of the alternative model the large • turntable is
clearly visible.

- David

In lugnet.technic, Gregory Muri writes:
Hello All,

Has anyone received the 8431 Crane Truck re-release?  I have been looking • at
the pictures in the latest catalog and it looks like the new version no
longer contains the large technic turntable.  Can anyone confirm this? • Is
there any other changes that are not as obvious?

Thanks,
Greg