 Technic / 8188
8187  |  8189
Subject:
8460 pneumat crane re-issue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 08:11:17 GMT

I just bought the 8460 crane, thanks to superb inititive to re-issue it (90
EUR is just a crazy low price)

Wonderfull piece, I am just doubtful about the pneumatic system:
- when pumping to raise it, no problem it goes up nicely.
- but when switching to lower it, it simply falls without any action on the
pump.
- if pumping down, I can feel it pushes down, which tend to mean that the
connections are OK.

Is this due to the weight of the boom ? (I have not attached anything to the
hook, and the boom is in short position)

Are other owners facing the same problem ?