 Technic / 8162
  8461 F1 Racer is identical to Silver Champion

Compare the instruction manuals. Identical except for the different colored panels. Anyone having the 8458 Silver Champion already will be disappointed. Why doesn't Lego come out with some new Technic models. (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8461 F1 Racer is identical to Silver Champion

The panels are actually different parts, not just different colors. And the rear spoiler is different (uses tiles rather than panels). And for those who didn't buy the silver champion because we're poor (such as myself), the price is different. :-) (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8461 F1 Racer is identical to Silver Champion

I think that you should go take a look at www.peeron.com, and do searches for "8458" and "8461", and compare. I own neither of these models, but I still think the similarity is about 95%... (...) And this is a very good thing. the silver champion (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)