 Technic / 8159
    Re: Making 7u axles —Geoffrey Hyde
   Speaking of the axles does anyone have any idea if LEGO make them with an extrusion mold or if they actually injection-mold each axle out of individual injection molds? If there's one part that's practically designed for extrusion molding techniques (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Making 7u axles —Philippe Hurbain
   It seems they are molded: if you look closely, there is a very thin line along the axle where halves of the mold join. The injection point is at one end. I suspect (but I'm not sure) that actually the mold has 4 parts, two for the axle itself, two (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)