 Technic / 8154
Re: 8461 arrives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:26:55 GMT

I'd estimate 95% of sets I buy are for their parts content. I build the
other 5% as an educational experience - it's important to find out what the
Lego designers intend some of the newer parts to be used for - and I think I
keep 1% intact. (Warning - these figures heavily biased by large purchases
of Znap sets for motor content :)

The upshot is, I have a handful of models which remain completed and on
display. Their ranks will no doubt swell by the addition of one F1 car in
the near future. (Why do they make it so hard to keep in touch with F1
racing here in the US! grrrr.)

The other thing to note is that 8461 does not say Technic on the box. So I
appologize for posting this information here in lugnet.technic ;) I can't
seem to find lugnet.racers ....

JB

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.technic, John Barnes writes:
Credit where credit's due - my backordered 8461 arrived today considerably
ahead of the promised schedule! Thanks LD!!

I can't wait to tear into it this weekend! It looks like another great build.

So, are you actually going to build it? I thought your sets went straight to
the big parts bin for future sorting ;-)

TJ