 Technic / 8099
    Re: Pneumatic tubes capabilities —Pedro Silva
   (...) In a way, that was what I meant: since the tubes are made of rubber, they are somewhat elastic (thus they can increase their volume significantly if they are long enough). (...) Ok, I guess I got it: it can work, but it must be always "on", (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Pneumatic tubes capabilities —Thomas Avery
   (...) I don't thing tube stretch is a factor here. The pneumatic tubes do not expand very much at the normal pressures of Lego pnuematics. The tubes are relatively stiff. The volume comes from just the long length of tubing. (Think of a volume (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)