 Technic / 8013
  Re: A better device for tank treads than the adder / subtractor

Thanks Dean for the great ideas and for posting links. Sounds like I should buy the Ferrari brothers book. I'll try the clutch idea first, it seems to be the solution I'm looking for and it is relatively simple, I do have a couple clutch gears but I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A better device for tank treads than the adder / subtractor

Dean, the clutch idea works perfectly! I make a simple drive base like the one in your post using the clutch gear, added a couple of motors, tested it using a couple of dual-switch battery boxes, then tested it with an RCX and a remote. It drives (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)