 Technic / 7398
  An OrthoGlide Mill

I have posted some pictures and a movie of my attempt to build a working OrthoGlide Mill. I was only moderately successful. I have cut candles, toast, sidewalk chalk and now the ........ Well, you will see! (URL) Fay THE SHOP (URL) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: An OrthoGlide Mill

"Bob Fay" <rfay@attbi.com> wrote in message news:GvoyrL.G8x@lugnet.com... (...) You put a lot of work into it, and have a great result! Iain (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: An OrthoGlide Mill

Beautiful! I saw that page on parallemic as well... Looks like you did a good job making the lego version! I liked the multiple worm gear setup you used to take up the backlash. Just a couple of questions... What are the crossed rubber bands for? Do (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: An OrthoGlide Mill

Thanks for your comments Rob. The crossed rubber belts are a last ditch attempt to remove the backlash from the joints. The use of friction pins caused the joints to become so stiff that the platform would not follow the action of the arms. I found (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)