 Technic / 728
Re: mini treads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 14:07:50 GMT

Can you use a different hub with those treads?

Build On!

John Matthews

Chris Magno <cmagno@home.com> wrote in message
I just bought a 6573 Arctic Expedition.

its a new theme with lego.  What got a gear head like me interested in a
non-technic set was the new "mini-tread"

A pic of the set is here:

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6573

To my great disappointment I discovered that the wheel does not have a
cross axle hole.  This wheel only accepts a connector pin. and the wheel
spins freely on this pin.  Which is fine if you want to play with the
model but lousy if you want to move the treads with a micro motor.

I would like to know if any one has found a way to attach an axle to
this type of wheel?  is there a gear, or pulley that snaps into this
that will allow me to attach an axle?

Thanks

Chris
Lego Walker now @