 Technic / 7120
Re: New MOC: Backhoe fully Remote Controlled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:12:07 GMT

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:29:06 GMT, "Chuck Sommerville" <chucks@he.net>
wrote:

Great model,  I would like more information about how you attached the
wheels to the servos, and how you put the servos in the model.

This is a common request, I'll have to do a page about it someday :)

Meanwhile here's a few hints:

I glued a medium pulley wheel to the servo dish. Yes, glue! *shiver*

Then it's a pretty simpel task of embracing the servo with LEGO.

In this model they lie side down on 6x6 plates (or was it 8x8?) with
ordinary bricks around them.

To do the control thing I've found that flexi elements is useful since
they allow for some play when the servos output is greater then the
stroke of the pneumatic switch.

Here's a couple of links to previous models using RC which might come
in handy:

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/creations/rcKillough.html
http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/creations/rccar.html
http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/creations/lynxMkI.html
http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/creations/eightlegs.html

I'll post to .technic when I get a page done about this issue.

Hope this helps!
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/