 Technic / 6858
Re: MOC: RT16 Radio Telescope
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 18:03:20 GMT

Simon,

Thanks for the feedback.  I agree, more white and grey would be an
improvement.  Actually, I do have the parts, but admit, I am not real good
with color coordination.  However, I like the Lego blue with the black.
Typically, I like yellow and black together...  but Lego got the blue just
right (IMO)

In addition, I wish I had a selection of windows... as I would have used
'em.  I even thought about adding some windows, then moving the rcx so the
IR could pass through a window.  Nearly completely hiding the RCX.

Yeah, I have parts from a FEW Tie Fighters 8-)

Joe

Oh, yeah, the base... I was not a big fan of the base until I did this MOC.
Now, however, I see a lot of potential for it.  I could fit two RCX's in
there, if needed.

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.technic, Joseph Woolley writes:

<snip>

I love this model.  I'm a sucker for anything technic that isn't a vehicle
as I think it has a tendency to be used only for that.  This is an • excellent
subject for a MOC and an excellently realised model.  I particularly like
the fact you have built it into a baseplate and the way you have fitted • the
mechanism into a nice small space.  If I could give one small constructive
criticism I would suggest you might have used more white and grey which
would have made it look more realistic (but then you may not have the • parts
- I guess there's a couple of TIE Fighters in there am I right?)

Psi