 Technic / 6700
Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:51:05 GMT

The best being the 8218:
http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?Set=8218-1

My vote for best small technic set *EVER* has to be 3057
(http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?Set=3057-1) UK £12, 100 pieces and 15 cool
models!

Now if Lego made some more like that, perhaps by combining several of the
micro series in one box with a combined manual, they could win the younger
punters back.

And on the subject of combining models, why has technic never had more than
one alternative model printed or models from combo-sets on a regular basis.
Look at the small models from the other ranges (Baby Dino's, small vehicles
from Studios and Adventurers, and the small Castle models) and you always
get a book or something showing how to combine two or more models into a
bigger one.  Not only does this encourage the others sets to be bought it
also shows that you don't have to stick with what's in the box.  Perhaps
this is why K'nex is winning on the small models front as every k'nex small
model I've seen has printed ways of connecting with other small k'nex
models.

William