 Technic / 642
  Service Catalog gone from lego.com

Does anyone know why Service has gone from lego.com in Europe? And in the US the only service item is one motor (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

"TW" == Tim Wilkins <Tim.Wilkins@zurich.com> writes: TW> Does anyone know why Service has gone from lego.com in Europe? And TW> in the US the only service item is one motor There have been rumours flying around for some time now that service packs (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

Hi Johannes, In the new US S@H catalog"World of Adventure", on the technic and town service pack pages it indicates "limited quanities of all accessories" which is hte typical way they tell us things are going to be discontinued. All I can hope is (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

As long as the service brochure keeps on being included in the boxes I cannot see how they can stop the service part service. Is there a brochure in a 2000 set box? Regards T (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

(...) The worrying thing about this, is my niece just bought two new Lego packs, and no 'service' leaflet was in either... (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

(...) Hmm.... I can't say I like the looks of this. I hope you're right about Lego Direct. Is Lego Direct going to offer service to Canada, like LEGO Shop at Home does? Although S@H is a notable exception, I have noticed in the past the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

So the service service will go. I live in Switzerland and I telephoned Lego last Friday to order some bits and they took my order as normal. I will telephone them tomorrow to see what the situation is. Regards Tim (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Roger Hamlett (<Fnrsuy.119@lugnet.com>) wrote at 17:35:22 (...) There were no service leaflets in any of the Castle sets I bought just before Christmas. And I think I bought all of them. The Destroyer Droid (8002) didn't have one (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

"MT" == Mark Tarrabain <markt@lynx.bc.ca> writes: MT> Is Lego Direct going to offer service to Canada, like LEGO Shop at MT> Home does? Although S@H is a notable exception, I have noticed in MT> the past the disconcerting tendency for them to be (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

Did you know that in Germany at www.legoshop.de you can buy absolutely everything that Lego sells !!!! Regards Tim (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

(...) :) in the interest of optimisum, Maybe LEGO® Direct is actually going to create a Global availability for all parts. For the parts that have injury potential,IE shooting canons, there could be a disclaimer about , these items must be purchased (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

(...) OK, I don't want to shatter the dream John, but I don't think we're gonna get "carte blanche" availability of parts, even from LEGO Direct. Not unless TLC alters their basic philosophy for parts creation. I think that the reality of "parts (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

(...) Actually, Gary, I'd disagree with you here. When I went to LLC, I saw a number of pieces that aren't currently in production. Including (off the top of my head) 2x2x3 extreme slope corners in brown and tan, 1x8 tiles in tan (huge vershukel (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

(...) I have sorta wondered if TLC has a low-volume molding setup as well as the traditional high-volume used for production runs. I could see a low-volume machine used to make special parts/colors for the model shops as well as one-offs for the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

(...) Whatever the size of the moulding machine it will take about 1/2 hour working time plus the cost of the material lost to clean up the machine (ABS price is usally around ranging from $1.75 to $3 each kg) that depending of the size of the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

(...) James, I'm sure you're right. (No I haven't been to a LEGOLAND yet!) But I've observed a few things in the last 12 years that sort of contradicts this. One was about 14 years ago, when I visited a KMART near Detroit. It had a LEGO display (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

Hey.. instead of cleaning out the old ABS then loading the new, maybe let the old ABS run nearly out, then load the new right on top. Theoretically (just a theory.. I don't know a molding machine from a persian lapdog), you'll end up with a couple (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

Just thought this was funny! You mentioned the last 12 years, and then you go on to a thing you saw 14 years ago. (...) One was (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

(...) Hi, I called my local Lego office on yesterday and they confirmed the set-up of an Lego office in New York. They told me also that the Lego World Shop will be closed for several months (as you all knew) and that there be **NO Lego Service (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

Yeah, it does sound kinda hokey. The years 1985 thru 1989 were kind of a blur...... (long term memory loss).... I should have proofread what I wrote. Gary Istok (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

(...) They are limited to the PIECES currently produced, but they don't seem to be limited to the COLORS produced. I know of no current set using 1x1 round plates in light blue, yet they are all over LLC. Since they are producing the 2x2x3 steep (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

"KM" == Kevin Maynes <ERASETHISBITkmaynes...surfr.com> writes: KM> Hey.. instead of cleaning out the old ABS then loading the new, KM> maybe let the old ABS run nearly out, then load the new right on KM> top. Theoretically (just a theory.. I don't (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

(...) I just got a gray 2x6? over the weekend with some black swirls in it. It is really cool!! Jeff (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)