 Technic / 684
Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 16:39:33 GMT

John Morgan wrote:

In lugnet.technic, Tim Wilkins writes:
Did you know that in Germany at www.legoshop.de you can buy absolutely
everything that Lego sells !!!!
Regards
Tim

:) in the interest of optimisum, Maybe LEGO® Direct is actually going to
create a Global availability for all parts. For the parts that have injury
potential,IE shooting canons, there could be a disclaimer about , these items
must be purchased by 18 years or older persons etc,etc,( I still havent figured
out why the flex system service pack wasnt offered in the US) but hopefully
when the LEGO® Direct moves into full stride we will see everyone being able to
purchase any part from any place in the world : )

John"they call me a dreamer, but I am not the only one......" Morgan

OK,  I don't want to shatter the dream John, but I don't think we're gonna get
"carte blanche" availability of parts, even from LEGO Direct.  Not unless TLC
alters their basic philosophy for parts creation.  I think that the reality of
"parts availability" will hold true.  For example - the 2x3x3 extreme slope corner
bricks in Yellow were only available in the Yellow Castle (375/6075), which was
made in the early 1980's.   You won't be seeing these pieces available unless they
are used in a recent/future set.  Even the Model Shops in Billund/Windsor/Enfield
have to use the pieces available to them from current inventory (although one does
wonder where they got all those light blue bricks from).

And the comment about www.legoshop.de in Germany does not mean that Germans can
currently buy any LEGO pieces in current production.  It only means that they can
buy any sets in current production.

Gary Istok