 Technic / 6391
Re: bionicle in technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:21:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kyle Beatty writes:
Here's a link to a reply with the same information minus the sneer at
Bionicle:

Apologies if you thought I was attempting to slander Bionicle. But the initial
question wasn't just "How can I avoid the Bionicle posts" but "Why isn't
Bionicle in its own subgroup?". The answer to that is that by Lego's apparent
definition, Bionicle is a subgroup of technic, even if fans might want to deem
otherwise. And it was originally intended to set up Lugnet subgroups to mimic
the organizational structure set by Lego, rather than as fans saw fit. IIRC
there was some debate about this when Lego made some apparent organizational
changes in the way that themes were released.

As for being the same information, it's actually a bit different. Skip-filter
settings will skip over posts when looking at post lists at the top level via
the web interface. So when going directly to the technic subgroup (or obviously
to the Bionicle subgroup), the filter settings get ignored.

Dan's posted soloution was to actually avoid seeing bionicle postings when
actually within the subgroup, but not at the top level. Hence, depending on
your viewing preferences, either are applicable-- although I rather like Dan's
solution better since assumedly Matt was looking for ONLY technic posts and
nothing else.

DaveE