 Technic / 6169
  Re: Motorized Lego Steering

(...) Their are two methods I can think of. The first is the one I used on my Rotinoff. Simply use the large pulley wheels for your transmisson. Use elastic bands in the gear down mechanism and when the steering reaches the stop the small pulley (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Lego Steering

(...) [snipped] (...) That pulley method immediately reminded me of a long since past Technic set that used it for motorized steering: (URL) be smaller thanks to the red mirco motor. (I sure don't recall one in 1980!) Adrian Egli (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Lego Steering - micromotor not up to the task

Set 8082 - motorized buildign set included both a micromotor and a car with mircromotorized wheel and rack steering. The motor is simply too slow and powerless to steer in any reasonable time. The mechanism also used rubber bands (URL) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)