 Technic / 6156
Re: Launcher?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 06:07:07 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Greg Majewski writes:
I'd like to know if anyone has ever built a Lego apparatus that launches
things. I am interested in any devices that can flig a weight of up to one
pound about 6 inches in the air. If this has ever been done, I'd really like
to know how. If it hasn't, I pose this challenge to you all. I've
experimented with elestic and pneumatics. Small pneumatic cylinders seem to
work the best. I managed a two-cylinder setup that can hurl a minifig about
three feet, but I crave more power! Do the large Technic shock absorbers
have enough tension to achieve this goal? I've never gotten to mess with
them before. Thanks.

Never tried, but it might be worth experimenting with the shock absorbers. Put
a few of them together on the job, with some kind of trigger, and I reckon you
could get a fair bit of power. Especially the ones in the silver champion.

But more power = more possibility of breaking bricks, so take care!

ROSCO