 Technic / 6155
6154  |  6156
Subject:
Launcher?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 23:02:30 GMT

I'd like to know if anyone has ever built a Lego apparatus that launches
things. I am interested in any devices that can flig a weight of up to one
pound about 6 inches in the air. If this has ever been done, I'd really like
to know how. If it hasn't, I pose this challenge to you all. I've
experimented with elestic and pneumatics. Small pneumatic cylinders seem to
work the best. I managed a two-cylinder setup that can hurl a minifig about
three feet, but I crave more power! Do the large Technic shock absorbers
have enough tension to achieve this goal? I've never gotten to mess with
them before. Thanks.

greg