 Technic / 6135
6134  |  6136
Subject:
Lego Anemometer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 00:53:37 GMT

I've built a simple rotating wind vane using a magnetic bearing to reduce
friction. What I'd like to do is use the Lego speedometer on the axle of the
vane to actually read wind speed. Is there a mathmatical way to calibrate this
for wind speed?

My instinct says to use the midpoint of the surface of the vanes as the radius,
and to set the speedometer using that. Would this be accurate? (I don't expect
a high precision instrument)

DR