 Technic / 6126
    Re: 2 speed gearbox for Silver Champion —Johannes Keukelaar
   "RC" == Ross Crawford <rcrawford@csi.com> writes: RC> (URL) Enjoy! Very nice work indeed! The construction that you used for low gear is also very interesting: Having an old-style half-bushing mesh with the teeth on the dark grey gear. Took me a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 2 speed gearbox for Silver Champion —Simon Bennett
   (...) I must admit I was very disappointed that TLC have never done anything with this feature which must have been in their minds when they designed the gear. I used it in my Orrery: (URL) reckon a whole set of different 'gears with holes' should (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 2 speed gearbox for Silver Champion —Jennifer Clark
    > I reckon a whole set of different 'gears with holes' should be made. I think so, idlers are incredibly useful, I've obtained a lot of mileage from the 16 tooth one! I've recently bought me a drill so some experiments in this area are definitely (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 2 speed gearbox for Silver Champion —Ross Crawford
   (...) I did that with one of the big yellow gears from the 70's when I was a kid. Dad said I was silly for ruining my expensive LEGO, but at least I got to build a differential, and a really neat "octopus" ride! I wish I'd taken pictures... I also (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 2 speed gearbox for Silver Champion —Jennifer Clark
    > I did that with one of the big yellow gears from the 70's when I was a kid. Dad (...) build a (...) pictures... Ha, snap! I wanted to build a very similar type of fairground ride when I was young too - on the real thing the cars would go round at (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 2 speed gearbox for Silver Champion —Ross Crawford
   (...) Well I cheated a bit - it only had 2 arms! But the idea was there! And it was really stable - the ring round the edge of the yellow gear slid on bricks, stopping the whole thing from tilting as the cam rotated. And I had to use string to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)