 Technic / 60
  Re: conical gear

(...) In general, a very poor set though. :( (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: conical gear

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) Expensive (...) (URL) Well, I shouldn't be giving out opinions, I guess, I have only about a fifteen or twenty Technics sets, and the selection around me is terrible or non-existent. I bought this set (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: conical gear

(...) I wouldn't say so. As a standalone set, you may be right, as one cannot build too much other than motor cycles based on the parts. Still I think the 8417 is quite realisticly designed and it has lots of useful parts. I like it. Fredrik (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: conical gear

(...) I'm specifically comparing it to 8422 Circuit Shock Racer, from a few years ago. The new motorcycle is really a lot less cleverly designed, in my opinion. I had a lot less fun putting it together -- something I usually enjoy with 84-- series (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.technic)