 Technic / 5742
Re: newish technic site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:43:43 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mike Fusion writes:
my site is up finally, with links to all the sub folders and stuff.

Some nice ideas! I like how everything is available as a .dat file.

key notes-i may have a solution for planetary gearing and for all of you who
were looking for the all technic differential it's there too.

That all technic diff has eluded me for a while now... Thanks. About the
planetary gearset... I'm going to build this sometime, but at first look, I
don't think it is a true planetary gearset. I think you need an internal
gear like on the turntable. You know... As I was writing this, and I thought
I knew what I was talking about, but I didn't! I looked up some info on
planetary gearsets here: http://howstuffworks.lycos.com/gear-ratio4.htm
Anyway, from one gearhead to another: nice work!

Rob

www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~stehlik