 Technic / 573
Re: Three arm piece for makeing tri-star
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 17:37:37 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Johannes Keukelaar writes:
The part you are looking for is listed on
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/r_plate.html and is
called (there) rotor, 3-pronged. It's kinda hard to tell from Doug's
pictures, but I believe that that's what he used.

[crossposting to .robotics & .technic]

It's interesting to note that there are now two versions of this element --
one being the old kind with the micro-toothing, and one being a new kind
without any micro-toothing.

Here are the sets I know of which came with this piece (Note: this is not
a complete list):

   http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8223-1   Hyrdofoil 7 (1996)
      1 toothed in black

   http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8232-1   Chopper Force (1997)
      1 toothed in black

   http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8246-1   Hydro Racer (1999)
      1 toothless in red

   http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8277-1   Giant Model Set (1997)
      1 toothed in black, 1 toothed in gray

If the toothless kind will work for you, I'd recommend picking up a few
copies of 8246 (US$4.00).

--Todd

p.s.  Alternatively, I've got 2 gray and 4 black of the old kind, and 6 red
of the new kind for sale if you're interested.  (It's via auction, though,
so you wouldn't get them quickly.)