 Technic / 5577
Re: Control Center Batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:10:19 GMT

Thanks for the replies.

I always used it with the transformator (the 8485 one), so it never really had
any batteries in it.

Actually I would use a transformer as well but I got my copy of the 8485
from Europe and the included 220V transformer is not compatible with the
110V outlets here in the US. The 8094 version does not contain a transformer
outlet at all, so the 6 'C' batteries are the only option there. I tried
several other transformers I had lying around with the 8485 unit but none of
them seemed to work properly for some reason. (they were mostly 9V and 12V ones)

Gaurav, I also tend to use the transformer. I can tell you that the
batteries offer less performance than using the transformer alone. It's
surprising that they are that hard to remove. I'm not sure what's up with that.

That's interesting; I guess I'll have to find a transformer that works then.
(would be much easier to use too) I also found it rather strange that they
fit in so tightly. I can't remember ever having this much trouble removing
batteries from anything else...

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman
Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com
http://cp5670.250x.com/TC/