 Technic / 5572
5571  |  5573
Subject:
Control Center Batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 22:23:29 GMT

I was trying to replace the batteries in a Control Center unit today after
finding out that they were nearly drained. (I tried to power up several
motors on a custom Technic model but saw that they just barely ran) I found
it extremely hard to accomplish this; the batteries seem to fit very tightly
into their compartments and take a lot of work to remove. After trying to
pull them out for about ten minutes in various ways, I eventually ended up
having to pry the batteries out with a knife. Both the old and new Control
Centers (8094 and 8485 types) seem to have these issues. One of those
ribbon-like strips that are included in many battery-operated devices would
have been very useful here to pull out the batteries. Has anyone else had
this problem?

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman
Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com
http://cp5670.250x.com/TC/